We respect your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take all reasonable measures, in accordance with this Policy, to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential, even when you are no longer our customer.
We also voluntarily subscribe to the principles outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (‘ECT Act’), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private.
We briefly outline these principles below:
• We will only collect, disclose, collate, process and store (‘use’) your personal information with your express written permission unless legally required to do so, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required.
• We will disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information.
• We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it.
• We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give us your express written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law.
You hereby provide us with your express written permission to use your personal information, share certain of your personal information with an affiliate party, subsidiary or holding company, to analyse and combine your personal information for the purposes of compiling a profile of you, and to send promotional material to you in the ordinary course of our business of providing you with our services.
Our Right to Amend
Which laws apply?
What does it refer to?
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number, your assets and liabilities, your income and your payment records.
Any information about what you buy, where you shop, where you bank, how you invest and all related information will also be regarded as personal information. In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.
Why and how we collect and use personal information
In order to make your use of this website and all products and services offered on this website as successful and pleasurable as possible, it is necessary for us to find out exactly what you require from us.
The following are reasons why we would collect your personal information:
• To identify you;
• For us to process your instructions or requests;
• In order for us to ensure that we meet your needs, we may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order for us to personalise and tailor our services to meet your specific needs;
• Once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you. If any of this promotional information relates to products, promotions, news or services of an affiliate party, and if you indicate that you would like more details, we may inform the affiliate party to contact you directly. We will however, only inform an affiliate party to contact you directly if you have indicated that this is agreeable to you.
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.
If at any stage, after you have given us your consent, you no longer wish us to use or share your personal information with an affiliate party; you may at any stage withdraw your consent.
Correction of personal information
If you ever want to update or correct any of your personal information held by us, kindly contacts us on +264 61- 434 8000. Alternatively, you can update and correct your information yourself by logging onto our Online Banking platform.
Personal information held by or disclosed by you to a third party
How we collect your information
Whenever you use our website, complete an application form, contact us electronically, or use one of the services or facilities offered by us or any affiliate party, we will collect your personal information.
Protection of your personal information
We value the information that you choose to provide us with and will therefore take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information we maintain concerning our customers is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information. When you use the services or facilities provided by us, you may be given an access number, user name, password and/or Personal Identification Number (PIN). You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy and confidentiality of your user name, access card, password and/or PIN.
COMMUNICATION & CORRESPONDENCE
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send us all feedback pertaining to privacy or any other issue to email@example.com
Trustco Bank Namibia
2 Keller Street
You agree that we shall be entitled to send “cookies” from this website to your computer. We use the word “cookie” to refer to information that is sent from this website to your hard drive, where it is saved and contains information to personalise your experience on this website. In this way, the next time you use this website we will know who you are and that you have visited this website before.